Tuesday 17 March 2015

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?




To represent my target audience I have created a fake facebook profile, I have "liked" certain films and posted about others that would be on the agenda of our target audience. I have also posted as him saying things that would again stress the age group we are aiming for our thriller to appeal to and also things that regard to the type of films he is interested in. I have made the age of the fake facebook profile 19 years old, as this will be the average age of our target audience. I have researched what ages are attracted to action styled crime thrillers and 19 year olds seem to be the biggest market for these films.
I made a post about the current hit film "American Sniper" as my group had gained inspiration from the sniper scoped scenes and also the camera work around the sniper himself, Sniping is a big part of our opening sequence as well so it is quite important that our target audience is interested in sniping.




 Admittedly I have most likely over exaggerated  the enthusiasm for crime thrillers that our target audience will have, but in these two posts I have demonstrated that our target audience is interested in the styes of pulp fiction and breaking bad, both crime thrillers, and both shot in quite a stylised way. My group has looked at the directing styles of both Vince Gilligan and Quentin Tarantino, so it would make sense for our target audience to be a fan of their styles.







Our target audience would be interested in such films as point break (a legendary Crime Thriller) or films similar to it due to the similar themes in both Point break and what would be my feature length crime thriller.






All of the films that i have listed as the fake profile are either crime thrillers, action thrillers or crime action films. I think this would be the most realistic for the preference of genre of pur target audience as they most likely wouldn't just watch crime thrillers, they would watch a variety of different films that could link into each other in regards to the styles and techniques used. Such films as "Bourne Identity" and "Pulp Fiction" have been listed as they could easily relate to my film in regards to filming techniques. 
I have also added some TV programmes that our target audience would be interested in, I have listed Breaking Bad and its current critically acclaimed spin off "Better Call Saul" as I was inspired by both of these series in the creation of my opening sequence before we drastically developed our idea. The two other films that I have listed are "Prison Break" and "Dexter" two incredible crime thriller TV series. "Dexter" in particular closely relates to our thriller in regards to themes, we feel sympathy for the serial killer and we can also empathise with him and understand why he kills, we would also see the murders from the other side, the law enforcement and would empathise with maybe one or two good characters."Prison Break" is a crime thriller but does not have much relativity towards my opening sequence..it's just a really good series that I personally thoroughly enjoyed! (except from after season 2...then it was a lot of effort to watch...but i recommend the first two seasons!)







No comments:

Post a Comment