Saturday 3 January 2015

Fake Blood research

To add a little bit more gore to our Thriller we are exploring the possibility of using fake blood to perhaps attain a close up of the dead runner as he lays dead on the floor whilst the girl runs away unaware. I looked into buying some fake blood from Amazon, this was an easy option and also a fairly cheap option too. I didn't want to get blood that looked unrealistic so I looked at a few different products and read through some of the comments and reviews to see which one was deemed the best by previous buyers.



The first item I came across was a small sache of blood that cost only £2.50, it had had a mixture of reviews, and had a four star rating, as it's reviews were inconsistent I decided to continue my search.

 The next product I looked at was more expensive and was for a lot more product, I saw nothing particularly wrong with the product when looking through the reviews, but the amount of fake blood they were offering for the deal would go wasted and due to the expense I didn't feel like it would be worth the amount of money considering we would only need a little bit.

The best product I could find was this cheap and small amount of fake blood. All the reviews had deemed it a good product and it worked realistically and looked good on stage and on camera.



Another option is to make the fake blood ourselves, this would be significantly cheaper, but there would be more of a chance that the fake blood would look very unrealistic, regardless, we watched a video tutorial of how to make fake blood.


We have decided to use fake blood provided to us by the theatre department as this is a free option and we will be able to test if the fake blood looks realistic enough before using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment