Thursday 15 January 2015

Inspirations for our Developed Sniper idea.

We looked at a wide spread of Sniper rifle clips from films both modern and dated, sourcing inspiration for our Thriller, in particular the shots the focus on the shooter.

The first clip that caught my eye was the American Sniper clip:


For starters I really liked the transition from the institutions to the shot of the sniper looking through his scopes. The brief second long sound effect of a rifle reloading really intrigued me and I think that something similar would be a really good way to move from a shot of the sniper setting up his rifle to looking through the scope. It wouldn't be too hard too find an appropriate sound effect on the internet or on the school system, or we could possibly create the sound effect on location. Also the through the scope shots were interesting for me, there are a number of different styles to choose from but I like the total blackness around the crosshairs, it focuses the viewer's attention on the subject in the sniper's sights.  


Another clip that i really liked and thought was appropriate for our Thriller was this Jack Reacher clip of a sniper scanning his environment and taking out multiple targets.


This sniper clip is different to the American Sniper clip as obviously we see the deaths of the targets, and also the style of the scope is totally different, outside of the crosshairs the screen is zoomed out and blurred, and inside the scope it is focused and zoomed in, I like this style more than the style shown in American Sniper and if possible I would like to adopt this style in my thriller.
This clip also made me think that the death of our male runner needs to look realistic, so we will need a talented actor to play that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment